Managing a WordPress website means performing daily, weekly and monthly tasks to assist your website to run smoothly. It is not as simple as it seems – it is a hard nut to crack!
Once you have launched and created your site, you can give yourself a quick pat on the back, but you really mustn’t rest on your laurels. This is only the beginning of the ongoing task of managing your site and keeping it up-to-date, secure and relevant.
You can manage your website effectively over time by focusing on these main key areas:
1- Content: Managing and updating content is not difficult with WordPress. You have to create your unique content and share it with maximum people & engage with the people who are reading it and commenting on it.
You require to think about these main three areas:
- Publishing daily
- Sharing content
- Managing comments and subscribers
2-Code: The code controlling of your site depends on three sources.
- WordPress itself
- Your theme
- Plugins you use
Make sure that your code is up-to-date and free from any potential problems like spammy links, security risks, and conflicts.
3-Performance: The third and an important aspect of managing site is ‘performance’.
The performance of site against its objectives, which may be attracting more visitors, making more conversions etc.
The performance of your site measure by its page load times and speed.
4-Backups: Keep your site backed-up regularly because this will help to avert major headaches. There are many backup plugins available you have to choose the right one for you.
Few things to remember during backups:
- Schedule different back-ups at different frequencies.
- Make a plan about the times and days when you do the most work on your site & schedule backup for just after three days and times.
- Read about how to do a restore with the selected plugins, so that you are prepared if the worst happens.
5- Security: Your website may not necessarily be as secure even if you keep WordPress, themes and plugins up-to-date.
Let’s take a look some important aspects to making your site as secure as possible against hackers and spammers.
- Secure site management and administration
- Monitoring your site by attacks
Configuring WordPress installation for added security
- Locking down part during installation
- Security by obscurity
Important points after WordPress install:
- Take daily backups of your site
- Do regular updates for both WordPress and plugins
- Create and maintain a strong password for all users
- Be careful during approval comments
- Check for malware
Conclusively, managing WordPress may be complex, in many cases, it can also be expensive, but it is a solid performer that is easy to install and easy to use. You need to update your website every time when the update is available and also have to update plugins and themes regularly.
For more details on how a professionally trained team can benefit your business, feel free to get in touch with us.